Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Chemistry of Tears

A few weeks ago I was a guest on a radio show hosted by Family Therapist, BJ Stober. BJ interviewed me and allowed me read my book during the interview. We even showed it page by page on her live stream broadcast.

When we showed the page about "Granny's Car" where Granny's radio is tuned in to "Gratitude", BJ shared an interesting fact.

She said that tears of joy and tears of sorrow have different chemistry. She said it is evidence that the thoughts we create effect us at a cellular level. I was fascinated by this.

After the interview, I went to a book signing and shared this with a customer. The customer said, "This makes sense to me, because when I cry because I'm sad or upset, my tears sting. But when I cry during a movie because my heart has been touched by the message, they don't sting."

It follows the same line of thinking James Allen addressed in his classic, "As a Man Thinketh". Thoughts clearly have an impact on our health.

No comments:

Post a Comment