Monday, October 3, 2011

Circus Tickets and Touchdowns!!!

Today I was again at the Sandy, UT Costco. I had another fun day meeting people who all have their own unique and wonderful stories to tell.

I met a very nice mother of two young boys who told me she purchased my book the other week because she believes that so many of our experiences are governed by our thoughts. She told me that the Circus was recently in town, and she had many conversations with a co-worker about how she wanted to go, but it was out of their budget, and she worried that even if they had the money to spend, her children may be too young to remember it. Days went by, and she found herself thinking about her desire to go to the circus many times. Within days, a co-worker of her husband offered them free tickets. Enough for the entire family to go! I had a nice chat with her three year old about the elephants. I think it was an experience he will remember. I know his mom will!

On the same day, another mother of two boys stopped by and looked at the book. She told me about a football game her nine-year-old had just experienced. The game wasn't going well, and they started visualizing an amazing catch and run. Thought proceeded action once again....it was so fun to hear about how her son had been lifted up in the air by cheering teammates.

Lets never forget who to give the credit too. I really believe our Father in Heaven is mindful of our needs and desire and he enjoys blessing us when we exhibit faith in Him. The act of allowing ourselves to feel gratitude for something before it has materialized is a true act of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment